Sunday, January 16, 2011

Last weekend, mom and I went to Brad and Marie's cabin in Wyoming to relax, and help them pack for their mission. On our way up we drove past Palisades Reservoir, which was mostly frozen. It was pretty to see from the inside of a heated car.

Marie and Brad had made dinner for us. We got there in time for Nancy to help with the finishing touches. She and Marie spent a lot of time in the kitchen together. Dinner was great!

The next day, Nancy made friends with some deer in the backyard. The deer were a little hesitant to come, sooo

She took the initiative and went to them. She warmed them all up, so I would have a chance.

So, I gave it a shot. I love celery and apparently the deer do too.

I didn't even need to leave the deck. Of course, this is due mainly to Nancy putting them at ease.

The cabin was warm and cozy. Brad and I packed the pickup while Marie and Nancy organized the house.
Here's Brad and Marie packed and ready to go. Eighteen months in Arizona. We will miss them, but they will be great missionaries, and I think have a great adventure.

Now, it is a week later. Mom is in our kitchen putting the final touches on Sunday dinner. The college kids are beginning to trickle in. First Allison, then Courtney and Becca, then Savanah. Court is playing the piano and the others are gathered around the table talking. As soon as Colby, Jaron, and Rachel get here we will eat.

It snowed a lot last night. When I backed out of the driveway at 8:00 this morning to go to Courtney's ward to listen to her speak . . . I got stuck! I never get stuck, and now I get stuck in front of my own house. With some shoveling and expert driving, I was able to get down the street and on my way. It was well worth the struggle to hear Courtney's talk. She spoke on following the prophet.

Nancy has been sick this weekend. She has been doing a pretty good job of resting, but I think she will need more rest tomorrow. Luckily it is a holiday from school.

We have enjoyed talking to all the kids and some of the grandkids this week. We are surely blessed . . . and we know it.

No comments: