Sunday, February 23, 2014


A few weeks ago Nancy, Courtney, and I went to visit Allison.  We visited with her roommates, who we think are fantastic, went out to lunch at "Elements" (great sushi), and went shopping at some cute shops in town.  We also went to a movie (Walter Mitty . . .).  That night, we stayed in a hotel which was a blast, and in the morning went to church with Allison.  

It was a fantastic weekend.  Thanks Allie!  




I've also been making bread lately.  It gives me time to think.  
  

Here's some bread thinking:  In my experience, there are more people in the world who are merciful, nonjudgmental and kind, who are living by faith, holding fast to hope, and showing compassion towards all in their path than I ever recognize.  Most of these people are not in the newspapers, not on TV, and not eager to publicize their deeds or their involvement because they are in it for the individual and not to make a statement or for the accolades of the crowd.  Sometimes in our busy world I forget to notice these people, and even worse I judge them incorrectly.  I hope I can get better at noticing the good in everyone I meet.



No comments: